As practice shows, in the design work of central heating transmission networks and domestic hot water it is assumed that pipeline diameters should be selected taking into account the demand for thermal energy and hot water as well as flow resistance without analyzing the important operating factor which is the thermal efficiency of pipelines.
In view of the steady increase in the prices of heat and hot water production, the main function limiting the users’ costs should be the design of economic transmission networks with the lowest heat losses on transmission, avoiding excessive energy transfer to the ground in which the pipelines are located.
SYNCOPEX is a solution that addresses these problems. Combined piping systems allow for better thermal insulation properties.
Each assortment brings significant savings in energy transmission, as shown in the tables below under the assumptions of pipeline operation:
Central heating network – supply 70 ºC, return 40 ºC
Domestic hot water network – 60 ºC supply, 40 ºC circulation
Table No. 1
Comparison of heat losses of 4 independent pre-insulated pipelines to the “SYNCOPEX” pipeline construction with four pipes in one casing.
ECONOMIC ADVANTAGES NO. 1
|Diameter of exemplary single pipes in pre-insulation||Total heat loss|
of single pipes
|Total heat loss|
of quadruple pipes
|Reduction of heat loss|
Table No. 2
Comparison of heat losses of two independent pre-insulated pipelines with two transmission pipes for the construction of “SYNCOPEX” pipelines with four pipes in one casing.
|Obudowa zewn. m/m||224||224||200||200||160||160||140||125||125||110||90||90|
|Rura PE zewn. m/m DZ||160x14,6||140x12,7||125x11,4||110x10,0||90x8,2||75x6,8||63x5,8||63x5,8||50x4,6||50x4,6||32x3,0||25x2,3|
|Promień zginania [mb]||-||-||-||0,8||0,7||0,7||0,55||0,50||0,45||0,35||0,25||0,25|
|Maksymalna dł. [mb]||12m||12m||12m||100m||100m||100m||100m||100m||100m||100m||100m||100m|
- Due to the fact that other companies that areproducing pre-insulated pipelines present heat losses in scope of single pipes and two working pipes in one casing only in a form of diagrams from which similar data to SYNCOPEX results, the tables contain the values of single and double pipes corresponding to SYNCOPEX system.
- The heat values included in the tables in the scope of four pipes in one casing are technical values that are certain from research and findings made by the Institute of Physics of the Building Research Institute in Warsawand refer to the „SYNCOPEX system.
Reduction of expenses of investment works as a result of using the SYNCOPEX multipipe system
As a result of the design and use of complex „SYNCOPEX” pre-insulated pipelines, apart from obvious operating expenses savings due to reduction of heat losses on transmission, the investor obtains a serious effect in reducing costs by 50% to 75% in the following positions:
– earthworks related to excavation and backfilling of the excavation,
– making subtrate and sand covering,
– export of excess soil,
– restoration of paved surfaces and lawns,
– assembly of expensive manifolds and longitudinal insulation sets
– assembly of protective wall passages
– assembly of caps at ends of pipelines
The efficiency of transmission of heating medium and hot service water, as well as, low costs of works prefer the multipipe SYNCOPEX system, while allowing design units to develop technical solutions that meet the investors’ expectations.
An exemplary economic effect as a result of network operation:
The comparative heat loss yield is 30,8 W/m.
To calculate the yield of annual heat losses and the effects of one heating season, the principle was assumed that the central heating is active for 7 months and hot water for 12 months. Hence, for the calculation of the annual yield of 1mb of the network, an average exploitation period was assumed for 8 months.
30.8 KW / m x 24 hours x 31 days x 8 months = 183.3 KW / m
Cost of 1kW of energy is 0,379 PLN with fuel oil cost 3,65 PLN/litre
Saving cost of buying fuel oil per 1 meter of combined pipeline during a heating season average:
183,3 KW x 0,379 PLN = 69,47 PLN / 1 mb
With a 100 mb network, the economic effect during one heating season is:
69.47 x 100 mb = PLN 6.947
The value of savings is expressed by a reduced purchase of heating oil in the amount of about 1903 litres.